Canada is constantly seeking for business immigrants with the skills and capabilities needed to contribute to the economic growth of the country. If you are a business investor, an entrepreneur or a person holding managerial position, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residency to Canada under different investor and entrepreneur programs. Applicants may choose to apply under the federal government through the Federal Programs, Quebec Programs or other Provincial Nominee Programs.
- Have minimum net worth of CAD$300,000 obtained legally
- Have sufficient business experience
- Establish or acquire an existing and qualified business and actively manage it
- Create one full time job for a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Intend to settle anywhere in Canada, except Quebec
- Meet all other requirements and conditions upon arrival
These two programs are currently closed. We will provide an update if the program reopens at a later date.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is one of the most popular investor programs in Canada. It does not require creation or acquisition of a business in Canada.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have net assets of at least CAD$1,600,000 obtained legally
- Have at least 2 years of management experiences in the past 5 years
- Intend to settle in Quebec and sign an agreement to invest CAD$800,000 for 5 years with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program
Mercan offers a complete financing service for your application along with our partnering financial institution which is authorized by the Quebec Government. You may choose to have your investment financed for a cost of CAD$220,000. This amount will not be returned.
Qualifications to apply:
- Have net assets of at least CAD$300,000 that have been legally obtained
- Have at least 2 years of management experience in the past 5 five years where you controlled at least 25% of the capital equity
- Create or acquire a business of at least CAD$100,000 with at least 25% capital equity
Other factors that will be considered:
- Your age
- The nature and duration of your training
- Your language skills
- Your personal qualities and your knowledge of Quebec.
- The steps taken to acquire a business in Quebec or your ability to carry out a business project
- Alberta: Self-Employed Farmer Stream
- British Columbia: Entrepreneur Immigration
- Manitoba: Provincial Nominee Program for Business (MPNPB)
- New Brunswick: Provincial Nominee Program – Business Applicants
- Nova Scotia: Entrepreneur Stream; International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Ontario: Immigrant Nominee Program: Corporate Stream; Immigrant Nominee Program: Entrepreneur
- Prince Edward Island (PEI): Business Impact Category – PEI 100% Ownership Stream and PEI Partial Ownership Stream
- Saskatchewan: Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) – Farm Owners and Operators Category; Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Entrepreneur Category
- Yukon: Business Nominee Program
- Northwest Territories: Nominee Program for Entrepreneurs